- Tonight (Dec 11th) Training- Phase 1 and 2 will be in work dress at MQW school. Phase 3,4, and 5 will be no uniform at Park Place. Start times for both groups is 6:30 pm.
- Tomorrow (Dec 12th)- Those cadets who volunteered to serve dinner. Please be at the First United Church, Mt. Pearl for 7:30 pm, in work dress. There is NO marksmanship this Tuesday.
The Gould’s Christmas Parade is Cancelled for Sunday due to weather. An announcement regarding our participation will be made Monday. Enjoy your weekend!
- Goulds Christmas Parade- Cadets are to wear full uniform, toques, gloves and warm layers. Meet 12 pm at the parking lot of St. John’s Sports and Entertainment (race track) on Lakeview Drive. The parade will end by 2 pm at Bidgoods parking lot.
- Dec 11th Training- Phase 1 and 2 will be in work dress at MQW school. Phase 3,4, and 5 will be no uniform at Park Place. Start times for both groups is 6:30 pm.
- Dec 12th- Volunteers for the First united Church dinner, times will be posted later this week.
- Marksmanship- Great turn out last night, keep it up! There will be no marksmanship next week (Dec 12th) as we do not have building access.
A quick reminder from the December calendar, there is a Marksmanship Team tryout tonight at Park Place from 6PM, and it will end at 8PM. The calendar says 830PM end time, but it will be just 2 hours tonight.
Please ensure you dress warm for the upcoming Christmas parades. Wear long johns or leggings under your uniform, toques, gloves and wool socks. December2017
The following cadets are registered for the music seminar this weekend:PO2 Matchem
LS Cross (Kiara)
Please inform an officer if you are unable to attend. Details below:
DRESS: Boots, Pants, Belt, Black T-Shirt, Ball Cap, Parka (to and from).
LOCATION: HMCS Cabot, on Southside Road.
TIMINGS: 0830*-1830hrs on Saturday (Dec 2) and 0830-1500hrs on Sunday (Dec 3).
*We know that the Mount Pearl Christmas parade is on Saturday morning as well. Cadets are asked to come straight to the seminar after the parade; and are not required to attend the music seminar before the parade.
INSTRUMENTS: You must bring your instrument with you to the seminar. Most of the instruments should already be home with the cadets (with the exceptions of some drums). Please ensure you have a piece of masking tape on the instrument with your name and "284 RCSCC" written clearly on it. There are over 160 registered for this seminar and we do not want to mix up instruments.
MEALS: Lunch and supper are provided on Saturday, and lunch is provided on Sunday.
Any questions please forward to kmacphee @284marconi.com
Thanks and have a great weekend!
The Provincial First Aid Competition will be held in Gander, NL on January 20th, 2018. Travel dates are 19-21 Jan (inclusive). Teams are made up of only 3 cadets per corps. All accommodations, travel, and meals are included.
Please e-mail kmacphee@ 284marconi.com if you are interested in being a part of the team. Please indicate if you already have first aid qualifications (ex: Standard or Emergency First Aid).
Selection priority will be given to those cadets who currently have first aid qualifications (but not limited to) as well as regular cadet attendance, dress, and deportment will all be considered.
Deadline to express your interest in participating will be this Friday, December 1st at NOON. Selections will be made that afternoon and sent to the competition coordinator.
Sorry for all the posts/emails. This one should work.
Cadets are asked to please wear FULL UNIFORM tonight due to our staff inspection. Apologies as this is not what was originally on the monthly calendar.
A few cadets still need to bring back their ticket stubs and money. Please ensure this comes back with them no later than Monday, Nov 27th.