This weekend 284 RCSCC Marconi will be participating in a grocery bagging fundraiser.
Cadets are divided into two shifts and are expected to be at Dominion on Old Placentia Road in Mount Pearl for their specific time listed below on Saturday, November 17th. The dress for this fundraiser is work dress.
It is very important that cadets take part in the fundraising opportunities as this is how we fund many activities throughout the year.
If there are any questions please let us know.
Please see the below shifts for your specific time:
Well done to everyone yesterday at the City of Mount Pearl Remembrance Day parade! You all were great representatives of 284 RCSCC!
There will be NO cadets tonight! (Enjoy your break!)
HOWEVER; there will be an open Drill Team tryout from 1900-2100 at MQW for all cadets!
Hope to see you there! 🙂
284 RCSCC will be participating in the City of Mount Pearl Remembrance Day parade on 11 November. Below, you will find important information that the cadets need to be aware of:
- Cadets must be dropped off at Mount Pearl Intermediate, 50 Ruth Ave, no later than 1000hrs on 11 Nov. The parade will be stepping off at 1030hrs.
- Order of dress will be C1 (Full Uniform) . Please bring along your winter parka, cadet toque, black gloves and a poppy. If you do not have a cadet parka, toque, gloves or a poppy, we will have a limited supply available that day at Mount Pearl Intermediate.
- Cadets can be picked up after the parade at St. David’s Field, Mount Pearl at 1130hrs. Friends and family are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Attendance is MANDATORY for all cadets of the Ship’s Company. If you are unable to attend, you must fill out a leave request form on the Corps website.
If parents or cadets have any questions regarding this parade, please feel free to contact the OIC, A/SLt LeShane, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention all cadets Phase 4 and above!!!!
There is a great opportunity coming up from April 22, 2019 to May 12, 2019. You can have the chance to travel to the United Kingdom to sail abroad the Training Ship (TS) Royalist.
To be eligible:
- -must be 16 years of age as of April 1, 2019 and not reach 18 years of age before May 13, 2019;
- -must have successfully completed Phase 4;
- -hold the minimum rank of PO2;
- -must have completed a 6 week training course at summer camp;
- completed at least a level bronze incentive for fitness;
- meet other medical and physical requirements.
If you would like the chance to apply or discuss this further please see Lt(N) Carter no later than December 3, 2018.
This is a reminder that there is a marksmanship session tonight from 6 to 830 PM at Park Place in Mount Pearl. It is open to all Cadets in Marconi that are registered with the Corps. Phase 1 cadets will receive safety training at the start of the night. This will be the final open session before team tryouts take place (November 20 and 27).
Any questions please contact me at ASpearns[at]284Marconi.com
I regret the late notification on this, but tonight’s marksmanship session has been cancelled. Please contact me if you have any questions.
284 RCSCC Marconi
Please note that all Christmas Sweep tickets are due back by November 19th. Please return all sold tickets and money, as well as any unsold tickets by this date.
Thank you for your support in this fundraiser.
284 RCSCC Marconi will be attending a Seamanship Weekend 2-4 November 2018. This is part of the mandatory training for all the cadets.
The bus will be departing from Mary Queen of the World School at 1800hrs (6:00pm) on Friday, November 2nd for CBS Boy Scout Camp, Salmonier Line and returning at 1600hrs (4:00pm) on Sunday, November 4th. We ask that cadets be dropped off at the MQW School no later than 1745hrs (5:45pm) on Friday. Cadets can bring canteen money if they wish; otherwise all meals will be provided. Some cadets also chose to bring extra snacks along.
See attached Parents Letter Marconi- Seamanship Weekend 2018
REMINDER: Tonight, there will be no Regular Training at the LHQ. However, we will be going to the St. John’s Haunted Hike.
Parents are asked to drop cadets off at 1945 hrs (7:45 pm) and pick up at 2145 hrs (9:45 pm) on Church Hill by the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.
Please be ON TIME. No uniform and costumes are welcome! See you there!👻
Marconi will be actively participating in the Royal Canadian Legion 2018 Poppy Campaign. We will be located at Walmart, 60 Merchant Drive, Mt. Pearl. We are asking for cadet to volunteer for this important event. The timings are below.
Please email email@example.com for your available as soon as possible.
Oct. 28th- 0900-1300, 1300-1700, and 1700-2100 (3 slots)
Oct 31st- 1800-2100 (1 slot)
Nov. 10th – 0900-1300, 1300-1700 and 1700-2100 (3 slots)