284 Marconi will be attending will be conducting a mandatory Sail weekend June 24-25S, 2017. This training will take place at the Octagon Pond in Paradise and is a mandatory part of their Sea Cadet Training.
Cadets can be dropped off the Sail Center off McNamara Drive, Paradise (See attached map) Saturday, at 8:00 am. Cadets are to be picked up from the same location at 5:00 pm. The same drop off and pick up points for Sunday. Lunch will be provided both days. Parents may be required to pick cadets up depending on the weather.
Your child should bring appropriate clothing for sailing.
- Water bottle
- Warm sweatshirts and warm pants or sweatpants
- Wool socks and extra pairs of sports socks
- 2 pair of footwear- 1 for land and 1 for sailing (preferably sneakers, have to be closed-toe shoes)
- Warm outdoor jacket. Rain coat and pants if they have it.
- No jeans are to be worn sailing
- Cadets will get wet, a towel and extra clothes should be brought to the site.
Also please ensure your child brings any necessary medication with them (i.e. inhalers).
As always, should you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to call your child’s Divisional Officer or the corps cell phone at (709) 727-3068.