284 Marconi will be attending will be conducting a mandatory Sail weekend 4-5 June 2016. This training will take place at the Octagon Pond in Paradise and is a mandatory part of their Sea Cadet Training.
Cadets can be dropped off at the gates entering the Sail Center on McNamara Drive, Paradise (See attached map) Saturday, June 4th at 8:15 am. Please note the cadets may have to walk down the trail to the Sail Center, there will be an officer on site. Cadets are to be picked up from the same location at June 4th at 4:30 pm. The same drop off and pick up points for Sunday June 5th. Lunch will be provided both days.
Your child should bring appropriate clothing for sailing.
- Warm sweatshirts and warm pants or sweatpants
- Wool socks and extra pairs of sports socks
- 2 pair of footwear- 1 for land and 1 for sailing (preferably sneakers, have to be closed-toe shoes)
- Warm outdoor jacket. Rain coat and pants if they have it.
- No jeans are to be worn sailing
- Cadets will get wet, a towel and extra clothes should be brought to the site.
As always, should you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to call your child’s Divisional Officer or the corps cell phone at (709) 727-3068.
Sail Weekend 2016