A very rare opportunity has presented itself this week and the Coast Guard has agreed to allow our cadets to tour their ships, the Harp and the Cygnus.
Date: December 22nd
The cadets will be broken down into two groups and times:
- Phases 3-5 from 11:00 am-1:00 pm. Parents must pick up no later than 1:15 pm at the Coast Guard building main gates on Southside Rd, St. John’s.
- Phases 1-2 from 2:00-4:00 pm Parents must pick up no later than 4:15 pm at the Coast Guard building main gates on Southside Rd, St. John’s.
Please be on time for drop off and pick up.
Dress: Work dress is mandatory as cadets must wear their work boots as part of the safety code aboard Coast Guard ships.
Meals will not be laid on so cadets are encouraged to bring snacks only.
Please contact Lt(N) Jenelle Carter for confirmation of your child attending. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to all band cadets!
Band practice has been cancelled this evening (December 12th) due to impending weather. Have a great evening.
Good Evening Everyone,
Due to the school being unavailable on Monday, December 10th we have an unavoidable change in our schedule.
Cadets will now participate in a night at the Admiralty House Museum locates at 365 Old Placentia Rd in Mount Pearl. They will be taking part in semaphore and Morse code activities, as well as a tour.
Cadets are to meet at the Museum for 6:20pm and to be picked up at 8:30pm. The dress for the activity is still work dress and the entry cost will be covered for all cadets.
If there are any questions please let us know.
This weekend 284 RCSCC Marconi will be participating in a grocery bagging fundraiser.
Cadets are divided into two shifts and are expected to be at Dominion on Old Placentia Road in Mount Pearl for their specific time listed below on Saturday, November 17th. The dress for this fundraiser is work dress.
It is very important that cadets take part in the fundraising opportunities as this is how we fund many activities throughout the year.
If there are any questions please let us know.
Please see the below shifts for your specific time:
Well done to everyone yesterday at the City of Mount Pearl Remembrance Day parade! You all were great representatives of 284 RCSCC!
There will be NO cadets tonight! (Enjoy your break!)
HOWEVER; there will be an open Drill Team tryout from 1900-2100 at MQW for all cadets!
Hope to see you there! 🙂
284 RCSCC will be participating in the City of Mount Pearl Remembrance Day parade on 11 November. Below, you will find important information that the cadets need to be aware of:
- Cadets must be dropped off at Mount Pearl Intermediate, 50 Ruth Ave, no later than 1000hrs on 11 Nov. The parade will be stepping off at 1030hrs.
- Order of dress will be C1 (Full Uniform) . Please bring along your winter parka, cadet toque, black gloves and a poppy. If you do not have a cadet parka, toque, gloves or a poppy, we will have a limited supply available that day at Mount Pearl Intermediate.
- Cadets can be picked up after the parade at St. David’s Field, Mount Pearl at 1130hrs. Friends and family are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Attendance is MANDATORY for all cadets of the Ship’s Company. If you are unable to attend, you must fill out a leave request form on the Corps website.
If parents or cadets have any questions regarding this parade, please feel free to contact the OIC, A/SLt LeShane, by email at email@example.com.
Attention all cadets Phase 4 and above!!!!
There is a great opportunity coming up from April 22, 2019 to May 12, 2019. You can have the chance to travel to the United Kingdom to sail abroad the Training Ship (TS) Royalist.
To be eligible:
- -must be 16 years of age as of April 1, 2019 and not reach 18 years of age before May 13, 2019;
- -must have successfully completed Phase 4;
- -hold the minimum rank of PO2;
- -must have completed a 6 week training course at summer camp;
- completed at least a level bronze incentive for fitness;
- meet other medical and physical requirements.
If you would like the chance to apply or discuss this further please see Lt(N) Carter no later than December 3, 2018.
This is a reminder that there is a marksmanship session tonight from 6 to 830 PM at Park Place in Mount Pearl. It is open to all Cadets in Marconi that are registered with the Corps. Phase 1 cadets will receive safety training at the start of the night. This will be the final open session before team tryouts take place (November 20 and 27).
Any questions please contact me at ASpearns[at]284Marconi.com
I regret the late notification on this, but tonight’s marksmanship session has been cancelled. Please contact me if you have any questions.
284 RCSCC Marconi
Please note that all Christmas Sweep tickets are due back by November 19th. Please return all sold tickets and money, as well as any unsold tickets by this date.
Thank you for your support in this fundraiser.